Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ride with MTB Manjung

Sunday, 17 Jan 2010 - As i planned to go for another solo ride via Gelung Pepuyu, i received a test message late Saturday nite. There will be a group ride via Changkat Keruing. As my legs still weak, i decided to follow them, hopefully to complete the whole ride by staying inside the peloton.
About 15 riders for today ride, mixture of MTB and roadie. As i suspected, today’s ride will be mostly control by roadie. However, before hitting the Tengku Bainun bridge, the MTB group is leading up front.


There is a massive attack from the roadie on the bridge leaving the MTB guys way back on the climb. I however trying to stay on the fast group but my legs really giving me a hard time. The fast roadie slow down right after the bridge and i managed to regroup. About 7 roadie together we pick up speed again passing Damar Laut, Segari and soon come to a stop at Pantai Remis intersection. It was hard work, but it really worth it.

We rest and waited for the MTB group to arrive. We stop for 15minutes before the MTB groups leave first. They attack and we are doing at our best to close the gap. Strong headwinds causing the roadie group having difficult time chasing the front MTB group. Passing Bukit Tunggal, 2 roadie escape from our group and attack. I lead the rear peloton and soon Yong took over.

With the speed of 32km/h, i assume i’ll never able to join the MTB group. Remy came from the rear and attack at 42km/h. He overtook us and my peloton split again. I, Yong and some other roadie manage to stay behind Remy. With steady speed, we finally close the gap however Remy decided to go on. I stay in MTB group and rest my legs before following 2 roadie on the attack. With hot sun and strong headwinds, soon my legs giving up. 3 out of 6 MTB guys came from my back and i stay behind them for almost 3-4km.

Passing Kg Raja Hitam, i lead the group of 3 roadie up to Ayer Tawar junction. 1km to finish, both of them breakaway and i decided to cruise only the whole way till Ayer Tawar town. Together we waited for the remaining MTB guys to arrive before cruising into Ayer Tawar town.

Most of them stop for breakfast in Ayer Tawar. I, Yong and Kevin decided to stop at Sitiawan instead. It was a great ride with MTB guys. I didnt really clocked my time as we have done few stop to rest.

No comments: