Thursday, January 28, 2010

4 of us only for 80km?

Sunday, 24 January 2010 – I was prepare for today’s ride. I was keen to test out partial of JMFR2010 route. As I cycle my way to the meeting point, I believe today will be another fast ride. At Giant Hypermarket, I met Doc Kumar and I was surprisingly to see only both of us that will be riding today. It is 7.10am and the sky is still dark. As we waited, Anuar and Yong came and around 20 minutes of waiting, 4 of us decided to continue our ride.

4 of us only for 80km? Oh gosh…I’ve begin to worry that its gonna be a very hard day. As we ride passing Ayer Tawar, the average speed is about 34km/h. As we rotate taking the lead, my left leg begin to feel cramping as we enter Gelung Pepuyu junction.

When I hit the first climb, my legs cramp and causes me to slow down while others is leaving me a gap. Passing lots of rolling hill, I still feel no good until I was left behind for about 600metres. Luckily Anuar, Doc Kumar and Yong decided to slow down and waited for me as we passes the long winding hilly route before joining into main road to Beruas.

We stop for chit-chatting at the junction before Anuar decided to go on looking for water as he is insufficient of fluid. As we roll back towards Ayer Tawar, our average speed is at 31km/h. As usual, we took turns to lead the pack. Doc Kumar, Anuar and Yong are very strong as they lead most of the way. Anuar stop at a malay stall for refilling while we waited for him.

Coming out from Beruas intersection towards Ayer Tawar, I decided to take lead as I can feel tailwinds is getting stronger and stronger. I lead at 36km/h all the way passing Ayer Tawar before Yong took over. We decided not to stop at Ayer Tawar but at Giant Hypermarket for breakfast instead.

Yong maintain his speed at 36km/h and my legs cramping seems to came back amd I was struggling to follow the whole group. Passing by Kg Acheh, as Yong were leading, Doc Kumar make his attack follow by Anuar. I jumped out of the saddle and trying to close the gap with Anuar. I guess my legs is no near to Anuar’s as I couldn’t close the gap although I was at 48km/h.

Turning in to Giant Hypermarket, we slow down and came in all together to Nana Tanjung for breakfast. We have a good laugh and it was another great Sunday ride. Missing lots of other riders today, hopefully to see them on next ride. Total riding time 2h 36mins with the average of 30.4km/h.

Come join us ride as we preparing for Janamanjung Fellowship Ride 2010 and PCC Interstate 2010 ride on this April.

No comments: