Thursday, April 30, 2009

Pro-Lite Tubular 50mm rolling out

It was another normal Sunday morning, i roll out with my Pro-Lite 50mm Tubular wheels on the road for the first time. It was a great wheels, rolling out smoothly.


As i met with other cyclist at Top One (usual gathering area), i was amaze with the smoothness of the wheels. i roll out with only three riders - Remy, Rafi & Kwong Yew. As soon as we hit the main road, Kwong Yew picking up speed together with Rafi. I was still chit-chatting with Remy got drop back about 400m.


As we passed Kg Acheh, Remy begin his chase as i tail behind him closely. The wheels surf to left whenever a big vehicle passes by my side. It was easy tailing behind Remy travelling at 38km/h. Upon reaching Tengku Bainun (Sg Dinding) bridge, i got drop back. The wheels begin to feel heavy and i need to pedal hard to move it.

On the other side, Remy slow down for me. As i manage to get back behing Remy, he begin to speed up again chasing Rafi & Kwong Yew. Before reaching Damar Laut intersection, we manage to catch up and overtook the front group and we together pedalling up to Teluk Senangin.

As Kwong Yew made his u-turn at Damar Laut junction, 3 of us maintain over medium fast rhythm till Teluk Senangin. Everytime passing by a hilly route, i can feel the different of these wheels.

After 10mins of resting, we begin to cycle back to Sitiawan. I struggle to keep up with both of them. I finally blow out at half way point climbing up the Sg Dinding bridge. Passing by the bridge, Rafi & Remy is no where to be seen as they speeding up all the way.

I cycle by my own till Sitiawan with the average speed of 26-28km/h only. This is my first day experience with my new Pro-Lite 50mm Tubular wheelset. I guess my legs still not strong enough to pedal these high-profile wheels. As kumar said to me before, "boleh bawa ke rim nie?". Its not that easy to cycle high-profile rim without a pair of strong piston.

Anyway, i'll be going out again with these wheels next week. See you guys next week.

No comments: