Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Another Sunday Ride

5 April 2009

I wake up with lots of hesistation to cycle or not. Its been weeks i have not on the saddle and i decided to join today's ride.

I met Yong in Petronas Seri Manjung and together we ride to Top Two (Samudera Manjung) our meeting area. My legs begin to feel sore and pain after 3km ride. I soon have a feeling that i might not able to complete today's ride. Probably might do a U-Turn half way point.

It's been great to see all other seniors rider back on the road together with those strong rider - Kumar, Rafi and not forgetting Remy.

After a few ideas of today's route, we decided to hit the hills in Gelung Pepuyu via Beruas. The wheels rolling out with 10 riders on the road (me, yong, remy, ah chui, rafi, kumar, anuar, jasni, ali, rizal...did i miss anyone here)

I begin to ride with a fast pace lead by ah chui right after passing by Manjung Go-Kart. With ah chui leading almost all the way, soon we got caught up by the peloton just before Sungai Wangi.

We ride single file with an average of 32km/h still lead by ah chui. Upon reaching ayer tawar town, ali's bike having a puncture and we stop to repair. I take this opportunity to rest and decided to u-turn soon. As my heart rate is rising, my muscle is cramping...i dont think i can go on anymore.

Tube change, air pump and soon we are back on the road. Passing by ayer tawar town and we all still in one whole bunch. Ah chui still leading and everyone seems enjoying the ride.

Yong breaking away with his steady pace right after the Kg Raja Hitam traffic light and soon he is flying away in front of the peloton. Kumar & Anuar passing by my side and begin to chase Yong that is about 100m in front alone.

Half way point to Beruas junction, we manage to catch up with Yong and begin to speed up. Kumar, Rafi is leading the whole way to Gelung Pepuyu junction with me hanging right behind them. As i look around, it seems all other riders seems very strong and ready to break away. Upon reaching Gelung Pepuyu junction, i begin to feel tired and decided to U-Turn back to Sitiawan.

The remaining rider continue their ride through Gelung Pepuyu as ah chui u-turn and started to cycle back to Sitiawan. With my body condition that nearly cramp and the remaining time and distance, i decided to turn back instead going on that i might probably blow out in the middle of the ride.

I leave the bunch and begin to pedal back. I saw ah chui in front of me about 500m and i begin to chase after him. With the tailwind, i pedal as fast as i can, hopefully to draft behind ah chui. Pedaling at 38km/h steadily, i begin to close the gap and finally overtook ah chui just before the beruas junction.

i begin to lead at 36km/h approaching ayer tawar town with ah chui riding strong behind me. Passing by Kg Raja Hitam junction, ah chui begin to lead as i take this opportunity to rest behind him.

Passing by Ayer Tawar town, i begin to feel good and strong. With the help of the tailwind, i maintain 36km/h for the rest of the ride until Sitiawan. I was focusing my pace line and soon i discover ah chui no where to be been. Probably he is way too tired (for not taking breakfast).

I pedal the remaining distance alone and i only managed to cycle average 30.7km/h overall back to Sitiawan. I guess i was too tired after the ride and i slept the whole evening.

Will ride again with your guys next week!

2 comments:

santhirakumar said...

Hello friend you should have follow us Ali was slow also but he manage to follow may be next time you must follow

dcwm said...

Wah seems u had a fun ride. Haha. Good to see u still riding. Not joining interstate this year?