Sunday, November 25, 2007

POWERMAN 2007



POWERMAN 2007

11th November 2007 (Seri Manjung, Perak)

Being as a spectator for 2 years, i finally make up my mind to participate this event. All started 1 month before the event. This topic brought up after half way cycling for 45km in distance with friends in a malay stall for "teh tarik".

First year entering powerman, i'm not ready for full category distance so i decided to try out sprint category.

Since i never did any run before, I did my first 10km run over an hour and have to take 2 days leave from work. Planning to drop out from the race after my 10km run but with the support from friends, i register myself and getting all the goodies stuff on saturday, 1 day before the event. Heart pounding so strong causing me couldnt get enough sleep on the night before the event.

Once i get ready my powergel, helmet, bikes and jersey, i went out to the transition area as early as 6.30am. With so many athletes - local and international participant, nearly over 700 of them makes my spirit higher and higher. "i know i can do it" i say to myself.

With no background on running, i did my first run about 35mins. Not bad for first timer, i say to myself. The bike leg is quite fast as i manage to complete just over an hour. However on the 2nd run, i was terrible tired and goes walking for a couple of times. Many athletes overtook by my side about half way to go.

Thanks to the support by many athletes, i manage to goes on and completed the whole course. I position myself 76 out of 87 finishers for sprint category at 2h 34m 41.

It was a great experience for a first timer into international event. i'll be joining again next year.

Note: Pic above taken after the Sprint Category has ended.

No comments: